We run our own in-house catering led by our own catering manager Mrs Sam Copsey. All meals are freshly cooked every day using fresh meat from local butchers and fresh fruit and vegetables from local suppliers.
We offer a wide range of meals and sandwiches, all balanced nutritionally and excellent value for money.
Our kitchen also offers a birthday lunch and from time to time we will invite you in for a shared lunch with your child, followed by a classroom visit.
If your child brings a packed lunch, please ensure the container is labelled. We discourage sweets and chocolate bars – please don’t include them in your child’s packed lunch.
Pupils at Caister Infant with Nursery School in Year Reception to Year 2, are eligible for Universal Free School Meals.
Meals for children in Nursery are chargeable at a cost of £2.30 from September 2020.
At Caister Junior School meals are chargeable. The cost from September 2020 will be £2.50 paid using our electronic payment system Pupil Assest.
We may be able to offer you some assistance.
Free school meals are available for your child if you already receive:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you are also not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Universal Credit
• Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit